7.21.2011

Brass to Oil Rubbed Bronze Lamp

Hope everyone is having a good summer! Everything has been good here, but busy as usual. Today, I just have a quick before and after to show. When J and I got married and moved in together, he brought with him this brass lamp (picture on left). I must admit that I am to blame for this red lampshade (ick!). This lamp was part of my living and dining room decor for longer than I'd care to mention - I recently changed it, however, as the whole look was too traditional for my taste.

One quarter can of Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint ($6/can), a lampshade I already owned, and 10 minutes later, and we have a whole new lamp!!! Check out the before and after below:




Has anyone else used ORB spray paint on a lamp base? What about any other projects? If so, please share - I'd love to see it! 

Photobucket
Did you like this post? If so, please consider joining me on Facebook.

14 comments:

  1. Don't you just love spray paint. It looks great and I love the price tag. I haven't used ORB before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the glorious ORB.... :P I love it! We have a lamp just like that and I want to spray paint it ORB too, but my mom didn't think it'd work... HA MOM! IT WORKS! :D

    Keep up the good work!
    Alyssa {live love craft} sorry I cant comment from my google acc I dunno why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alyssa - Haha! You'll have to let your mom know it does work and that you should try it out soon :) Thanks for your nice comment!

    @Shannon - Thanks! I do love spray paint. I'm all about quick and inexpensive fixes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The after looks great!! I need to hop on the spray paint wagon asap! Soo many possibles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how spray paint can do wonders on already owned items :)
    I'm a new follower, would love for you to check out my blog when you get a chance!
    Coley @
    www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I expect you want best logo design for your company right?
    Buy a logo design with 55% off. Custom Logo

    ReplyDelete
  7. such an amazing post thanks for sharing us.
    buy social logo

    ReplyDelete
  8. really this is an awesome blog thanks for sharing.
    if you are really intersted in custom logo designing or web designing check the link out?
    Logo Designers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I read your blog.
    It's very helpful for me and such a very unique blog thanks for sharing it with us.
    If you want best law dissertation help
    then visit our site with a 7O% discount. I expect you will be satisfied with our service.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's glad for me to visit this useful site:
    please visit us if you need any help with your dissertation assignment help?
    law dissertation help

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really appericiate the way you shared this useful article...
    need any of help with your dissertation assignment help?
    law dissertation help

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really appericiate the way you shared this useful article... virtual office karachi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments!